End-to-end document capture solution helps banks digitize all paperwork to meet compliance requirements.
HP Compliant Document Capture for Financial Services
Hewlett-Packard Compliant Document Capture for Financial Services improves document workflow and can improve regulatory compliance posture within the financial services industry. This bundled solution of HP multifunction printers and HP Scanjet scanners, software and services is designed to help financial institutions comply with the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID).
MiFID requires Financial Services firms operating within the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA) to maintain, for five years, all transaction records, including paper, emails and electronically formatted documents, relating to any securities transaction in a non-rewritable and non-erasable format.
HP Compliant Document Capture for Financial Services provides an end-to-end operation with enhanced security features allowing financial institutions to track, store and route inbound and outbound documents that contain company sensitive data. Through specialized features that enable employees to self-select appropriate document workflow systems, HP multifunction printers capture scanned documents through the server and distribute to the specified output location, such as Fax LAN or email server. During this process, the document is adequately authenticated, archived and stored to help firms ensure compliance and regulatory requirements are met.
Key features and benefits
• A complete HP document workflow solution including hardware, software and services that streamlines workflow, improves execution speed and minimizes cost
• Consolidates fax and paper correspondence with an advanced enterprise archiving system
• Aids in maintaining regulatory compliance and mitigates risk to ensure best execution practice in financial service institutions
• Centralizes management with a system consisting of HP multifunction printers and HP Scanjet scanners to capture documents; HP and partner software to process, route, and archive documents; and HP Services for assessment, installation and configuration, support and maintenance
• Helps customers maintain a strong compliance posture with an automatic audit trail and electronic archive for all inbound and outbound documents
• Improves security with secure card, personal ID, proximity card, biometric access and authentication support
• The network-friendly, plug-and-play solution allows for easy, user-friendly installation and management
• Maximizes user productivity with HP multifunction devices that provide document capture, copy and print functionality
Pricing and availability
Contact an HP sales representative for pricing and services information. Expected to be available in Europe and Asia-Pacific regions for purchase in January 2008, with availability in the United States to follow.
Brandy S. Baxter, HP
+1 650 458 8459
Porter Novelli for HP
+1 404 995 4528
3000 Hanover Street
Palo Alto, CA 94304