|ABA Banking Journal now available on iPad|
Read all about it! 102-year-old mag’s latest digital foray
With 102 years of bound print volumes of ABA Banking Journal and its predecessor titles behind him, Editor-in-Chief William Streeter introduces the ABA BJ iPad Edition
We’ve been seeing more and more bankers carrying iPads to conferences and other gatherings. Usually, they rave about the ease of use, the convenience, and, simply, “the coolness.”
Effective with the November 2010 edition, the ABA Banking Journal print edition will be available as an enhanced iPad edition as well. The new iPad edition joins the Adobe Flash-based digital magazine accessible through web browsers which has been available for several year. (Digital readers can continue to access this service.)
Our iPad edition features the same authoritative information, analysis, and commentary, in an eminently accessible format.
What’s in it for you
Bankers who download the iPad edition will experience the closest digital experience to reading a magazine yet, but with many extras. Tap a headline on the cover, you’re instantly at that article. Tap an article on the Table of Contents, you’re reading it in seconds. Flip to the next page with the brush of your finger on the screen. Want a closer look at that chart? Expand it with a touch of two fingers. And then resume normal viewing with a “pinch.”
Plus, you’ll be able to share your readings with banking friends and fellow employees. Use email, Twitter, or Facebook facilities built right into the iPad edition.
Additional tools can be accessed, and more are coming.
Once an iPad edition has been downloaded to the iPad, there’s no further need for a wifi or cellular signal. The iPad edition, unlike websites, has been “delivered.”
Here’s how to get started
1. Navigate to the Apple App Store.
2. Select the category “Business”
3. In the search box, look for “Nxtbook Media LLC.”
4. On the Nxtbook Newsstand, download the app for viewing. This takes about a minute.
5. Once you’ve downloaded the app, you’re good to go.
6. At the Newsstand, tap on the latest copy of ABA Banking Journal. It’ll be downloaded right to your iPad’s memory for inclusion in your library.
7. Now you’re ready to read. Each time you wish to read the magazine, choose the Nxtbook App. Your iPad will load the Nxtbook App and you’ll see the screen below, right.
| TechTopics Plus