|Streeter named ABA BJ publisher|
Veteran editor steps up to dual role
William Streeter, long-time Editor-in-Chief of ABA Banking Journal, has been promoted to the post of Editor & Publisher, effective immediately.
Streeter has been with Simmons-Boardman Publishing for nearly 35 years, rising from Assistant Managing Editor to Editor-in-Chief of ABA Banking Journal, a publication of the American Bankers Association, before stepping up to the Publisher’s post. He will now manage the business side of the publication, as well as the editorial operations, with the goal to grow revenues in both print and digital media.
“A successful business publication becomes so by successfully serving its audiences,” said Streeter. “ABA Banking Journal will continue to help bankers navigate increasingly tricky shoals as they move forward into recovery, growth, and new roles.”
Streeter will continue to write his award-winning “Editor’s Column,” a favorite read among many bankers.
Streeter succeeds Robert DeMarco, Publisher of the ABA Banking Journal group of publications since the spring of 2009. DeMarco will continue to advise the group as Senior Vice-President of SBP Corp., which has been the contract publisher of ABA Banking Journal and affiliated publications for more than 40 years.
The ABA Banking Journal family of publications includes:
• ABA Banking Journal, flagship of the group
• ABABJ.com, the magazine’s website
• Editor’s Report, a weekly eletter of analysis, solutions, and viewpoints
• Tech Topics, a weekly eletter concern payments systems and other developments
• Digital Report, the monthly ABA BJ digital magazine alert
• ABA Bank Directors Briefing, monthly print and digital newsletter written for outside directors of community banks.
• ABA Banking Journal for iPad• ABA Banking Journal webinars, a sponsored education opportunity where bankers and vendors can put their heads together.
| TechTopics Plus