|FACEBOOK, TWITTER…PINTEREST? Multichannel marketing now the biggest challenge|
Key findings from the 2012 Digital Marketer: Benchmark and Trend Report include:
• 91% of today’s online adults use social media regularly.
• Revenue per email averages two times higher for “friends and family” campaigns.
• 28% of smart phone owners watch videos on their phones in a typical month.
• Pinterest is now the third most popular social networking site behind Facebook and Twitter. “Pinterest, whose name combines ‘pin’ and ‘interest,’ allows members to share images of products they like and create digital versions of homemade scrapbooks,” according to an article in the Los Angeles Times. According to the Pinterest website, the service lets people “pin” things on a virtual pinboard, to share with others.
• 92% of businesses feel their contact data is inaccurate in some way.
“The pace of change in today’s digital world is faster than most marketers can keep up with. Technology and media proliferation are presenting both challenges and opportunities for CMOs and their brands, making it even more important to have access to an industry diagnostic of this kind,” says Matt Seeley, president, Experian Marketing Services.
The 2012 Digital Marketer: Benchmark and Trend Report is available via a free download—registration required.
[This article was posted on April 17, 2012, on the website of ABA Banking Journal, www.ababj.com.]
| TechTopics Plus