|Trustwave awarded for its web content filtering|
Trustwave's Secure Web Gateway (SWG) received the Frost & Sullivan 2012 Global Product Differentiation Excellence Award for most significant product differentiation in the web content filtering market.
The recognition was based on Frost & Sullivan's independent analysis of the global web content filtering products market. The firm considered all on-premise appliances, software, and cloud or Software-as-a-Service solution offerings and used criteria to benchmark product performance.
Trustwave Secure Web Gateway scored an overall 8.94 out of 10 for five categories of measurement: features and functionality, quality and complexity, customization, match to market needs, and brand perception.
"In a climate where targeted attacks and continuous threats have become the norm, Trustwave Secure Web Gateway has become a benchmark for web security by integrating advanced capabilities that provide solid Internet security functionality and granularity to effectively and dynamically address today's malware threats," says Ben Ramirez, Network Security, Information & Communication analyst for Frost & Sullivan. "Trustwave is at the forefront of delivering superior security performance at the highest quality without the complexity often associated with competing solutions."
"The web security market is filled with vendors that claim to protect against today's IT security threats, but in reality, point solutions don't do the job; a multifaceted solution is needed to address the complexities of today's global security threats," says Leo Cole, chief marketing officer, Trustwave. "Trustwave Secure Web Gateway protects against advanced threats and data loss, helps organizations maintain compliance, all while providing flexible deployment options and consistent coverage whether an employee is mobile or on-site.
Highlights from Frost & Sullivan findings:
• With Trustwave Secure Web Gateway, "Organizations are able to reduce costs and time in deploying, managing, and securing web data, while allowing for integration of third-party devices through the new ICAP client functionality."
• "Frost & Sullivan feels that Trustwave sets itself apart from other competitors by combining advanced security technology into its SWG appliances."
• "SWG is suited for all user levels, ranging from IT administrators to executives, ensuring quick compliance, straightforward configuration, and greater [return on investment] as an IT security investment."
• "Trustwave accurately addresses next-generation threats and it offers flexible deployment options..."
• "Frost & Sullivan is of the opinion that Trustwave has built a reputable brand perception with its unrivaled security expertise and leadership."
[Note: Trustwave is endorsed by ABA's Corporation for American Banking for network security and data protection http://www.aba.com/CAB/Pages/cab_trustwave.aspx}
[This article was posted on December 18, 2012, on the website of ABA Banking Journal, www.ababj.com.]
| TechTopics Plus